New Year’s Crafts for Kids
New Year’s Eve is a fun time to reflect on the year before with your children. Here a few ideas you can do or use them to get your own creative juices flowing:
- Create a book that you can print – these are a simple and fun task to put together. Include all of the fun things you did over the past year. Let your little one draw pictures that go with the activities they’ve done. These are also a good idea for early readers.
- Write a Poem – Use the letters in the word “New Year” and write a poem about things you’ve done over the past year.
- A New Year Essay – this is good for older children. Write an essay on the “The Best Thing That Happened to Me This Year Was…”
- Entertainment over the past year – Make a list of questions about your favorite movies, songs, books, television shows, websites, photos, activities and why you liked them.
- Keep the New Year In mind – make a list together of things you’d like to do, goals you’d like to reach in the new year. Include places you’d like to visit, books you’d like to read, things you’d like to learn, etc.
- Create a scrapbook: Use photos and memorabilia from activities you’ve done, trips you’ve taken or other fun things and put it all into a scrapbook that your child can look back on for years to come.
There are plenty of ways to create fun reminders of the past year. Use your own creativity to create beautiful memories with your children.