Fall Family Activities
Summer is winding down and autumn is gearing up. With the hot summer we’ve had the cooler temperatures will be a nice change! The fall also brings about the turning of the leaves and the start of the holiday season. With that in mind, here are some fun fall activities for the whole family to start thinking about adding in to your calendar:
- Take a hayride. Reservations are now available for Pumpkin Pick Hayrides at Tanglewood Park.
- Attend a fall festival. Piedmont Parent has a great list of upcoming festivals.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. They are fun for the whole family and provide nice photo opportunities. Kids can get more hands on with the pumpkins by painting them. View a list of local patches here.
- Go on a fall foliage drive and experience the beautiful changing colors.
- Go apple picking. Children will love picking the apples and making wonderful treats like apple pies out of them.
- Gather a pile of leaves. And take a jump in them!
- Head outdoors. Take a family hike and explore a new park. Pack a picnic for an afternoon of fun.
- Get lost in a corn maze. To find one that you would like to explore, check out this directory.