Holiday recovery: Get back to work without stress
- Review your goals. Look back at what you accomplished the previous year. Then spend some time setting new objectives for the coming 12 months. This should help you get charged up for the future.
- Adjust your energy level. Log your activities for a few days and identify tasks that waste time and leave you feeling drained. Eliminate what you can, and look for strategies to manage what you’re stuck with.
- Set priorities. Look at what’s most important to get done now. Achieving a fresh goal will improve your spirits and remind you of what you’re good at.
- Hold a debrief. At the end of your first week after the holidays, review the past few days. What did you accomplish? What remains to be done? What’s upfor next week? You’ll be able to make plans in an organized fashion.
- Commit to work/life balance. Make one of your resolutions to balance the demands of your job and your personal life more equitably. You’ll be less likely to crash after a holiday if you’re not stressed out before it begins.