Get Help Paying for Child Care
Work Family Resource Center (WFRC) has scholarships available to assist families with children ages 0-5 years, who are not able to afford the full cost of child care. To qualify to receive Smart Start subsidy you must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
* Chiild(ren) age 0-5 years not enrolled in kindergarten.
* Child(ren) whose parent(s) live in Forsyth County.
* Child(ren) whose parent(s) work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
* Child(ren) whose parent(s) attend college full-time (12 credit hours minimum) to receive an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
* Also Beauty school, online universities, GED and Vocational School.
* Child(ren) whose maximum family income ranges from $30,336 to $64,236* depending on family size and number of pre-school children in child care.
* Special circumstances or emergency situations may result in exceptions to the established income guidelines.
To apply for a child care scholarship or for information stop by:
Work Family Resource Center
530 N. Spring St
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Phone: (336) 761-5100
Days & hours of operation:
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Applications are also available on our website: