The summer offers a great opportunity for kids to learn more through additional family time and time spent outdoors. Here are a few recommendations:
- Take a “staycation” and become a “tourist” in your town or in nearby cities. There are many learning opportunities if you go to places and do things you wouldn’t normally do every day.
- Visit a nursing home or veteran’s home and spend an hour listening to stories from the older generation.
- Take a nature walk and let the kids learn all about the items you see on your walk.
- Use sidewalk chalk to let the kids play games and draw pictures.
- Work on a fun science project with your kids. Here is a great list of ideas.
- Spend time helping your little reader grow.