The first official day of spring is almost here and we have a few ideas to help you take advantage of the change in season before the hot days of summer set in.
- Go on a picnic. Pack a picnic and sit outside and soak up the sunshine with your kids. You can head to a park, or even your own backyard.
- Bouncy bubbles. Spring is a wonderful time to go outside and blow bubbles with your little ones. Check out this recipe for homemade bubbles.
- Grab a ball and have fun! Introduce your child to a new activity such as baseball or soccer. Or just have fun kicking around and throwing any ball outside! You can even invent a new game.
- Fly a kite. The breeze in the spring helps to create optimal kite-flying weather. Check out this page for more on kites and kids.
- Make a birdfeeder. A birdfeeder can be used to help teach your kids the essentials of birdwatching and to learn more about birds. In addition to feeding the birds, kids can take pictures of them and look them up to learn more.
- Break out the sidewalk chalk. There are so many ways that sidewalk chalk can be used to learn and create. Check out this list of activities you can engage in with your children and have fun outside at the same time.