Time-Saving Tips for Parents
Life itself is an unpredictable ride – but when you add children and their schedules to the mix, it becomes even crazier. It’s no wonder that as parents we sometimes feel there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. But with a few of time-saving tips like the ones below, you can begin to make the most of your time.
- The key to getting and staying organized is all about making and keeping priorities. Schedule more important tasks to be done and let the rest carry over until you have more time.
- Every parent can benefit by mastering the art of multitasking. Use downtime like naps, doctor appointments or school time to get jobs done that are difficult to focus on when caring for your children.
- Be prepared. With babies especially, it’s important to be prepared. Keep a packed diaper bag in the car at all times to avoid having to carry extra baggage when you leave home.
- Baskets, not diamonds, are a girl’s best friend. Baskets are a great way to store toys, video games and books in your children’s playroom or bedrooms.
- Prepare for meals ahead of time. When you are making dinner, double or triple your recipe and freeze the extras for future meals. You’d be surprised just how much time this alone will save you!